I guess I will follow up my primier post with a much less emotional more mundane post. Life can be funny. The ups and downs are usually like gentle waves on a calm sea but certain triggers can make you think. Two weeks ago I was staring at my 40th birthday wondering what the future held. I was meloncholy because I felt as though I had not accomplished much in in 40 years and that I had few good close friends. Neither of those things has changed but two weeks into my 41st year I am much less meloncholy.
I understand that good friends are hard to come by and I still have few sounding boards. The truth is I have messed up some friendships, others I have poorly chosen my friends. Some of my friends I just grew apart from and that happens. I will not rehash old issues, time heals.
The last two weeks have been pretty good. On my birthday I went out and got drunk at a comedy show. Klye Cease was the headliner and he was really funny. I was in the front row and I somehow managed to avoid being brutalized. I say somehow, but the truth is I am a big guy and sometimes people are afraid to say shit, not that I would have done anything but laugh if they had singled me out.
Incidently if you get the chance to see this guy do it. The show was really funny and it was exactly what I needed as I continue my march toward the great abyss. That's what life is afterall right, every day is another day closer to death. That is not meant to be morbid, in fact I see it the exact opposite, enjoy life while you are here because you never know when you won't be.
last weekend I went to Philly for the 4th withthe family. A good time was had by all. Pat's Cheese Steaks are a bit over rated. The rain wasn't bad until Sunday when we all got caught at the Taste of Philadelphia in a torential down pour.
One final note, some opportunites come once in a life time. Grab them or let them go and wonder forever?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment